Friday, November 23, 2012

MSB pt1 - Intro

Intro...

So as I embrace my singleness and free spirited newly reformed life, I decided to hop on my own journey of many shade of black as I keenly decided to name this series of a single woman love adventures. Well maybe I should start by introducing myself my name is Mattie and I’m a Public Relations Professional that works for myself at What Matters PR. Now 35 years old this is the first time I’ve ever been single… well not attached to someone else as I like to call it. I walked out of a 13 year marriage, 1 because we cheated, 2 because he had a child not with me, and 3 because he wasn’t the one for me and we both knew it we were just scared to leave each other after all we were middle school sweethearts who grow together. Our families we like one, our friends were one in the same, I mean every inch of our lives were intertwined in some shape or form. We were extremely comfortable we owned property together, stocks, bonds, he was truly my best friend, but we were more like best friends than husband and wife. Our daily route was just that things we felt we should do simply because you ought-to. None of us had the balls to live each other, what would our family say, I mean we had other couples modeling their relationships of off our “perfect” union. We communicated extremely well I could almost finish his sentences. He was a beauty to the eyes, gorgeous 5ft 9 caramel greenish gray eyes chiseled body, just perfect physically in every way. He was a heartthrob and we were a beautiful couple. What can I say, there was still something missing. But the world of dating wasn’t new to him or me since we’ve cheated on each other the last 6 years of our marriage, I can say I’ve had my share of relationships and I was truly not new to the man eat woman game of life. Except for the fact that men never really mattered much to me because they were all temporary fills, or simpler put they were for my enjoyment only, after all I was taken!

So, now that I’m single I promised myself that I would not settle for less than what was perfect for me. And the next time I get married if ever it will be for all the right reasons. Dam it if I’m going to do it again I’m going to do it right.

Ok now back to the world of Many Shade of Black a single woman dating adventure series… uncensored… nonjudgmental… and simply just my life my opinions.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment