Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Depression!!! It's Serious


Depression something I have been seeing a lot of this pass week. I’ve also seen a lot of quiet mouths. If you have never heard my story, listen up. About three years ago I feel into a deep depression I got pregnant and lost twins among other serious issues. My life was going downhill and my stress level was off the radar. I am known to be a very strong woman to some, but I broke and broke hard. I sat in that depression for two years. I shut down. I strayed away from friends, family, the world. I consumed myself with work. I stop opening my mails, stop answering my phone, stop caring about life. The beginning of 2009 I almost lost my life and while in the hospital a stranger said to me I have been here for 3 months now and no one has visited me. I felt a deep sadness for him. He was an elderly veteran, who had lose his wife and lived here in Miami alone. His kids we all in upstate New York and not one of them came to see him. It made me think, here I am keeping my issues hush, hush from my friends and family and this man had none. I came out of there with a new outlook on life. A positive view and a hopeful road. I realized that I am beyond bless in family and friends. And to further show me how blessed I am God gave me a beautiful little girl. DEPRESSION SHOULD NEVER BE SILENT, whether it’s a friend, family, or stranger. Help comes through the oddest sources. Talk to someone about whatever you are going through, sometimes just talking about it can save your life. It’s not always about people relating to you, it’s about people caring and understanding you.
I am blessed with the gift of helping others, understanding and relating to their stories, three years ago it was time for me to understand myself.

You must first learn who you are to help those in need. Now I am one with my inner self and helping others become one in theirs

No comments:

Post a Comment