Thursday, June 23, 2011

Forever never......


I lost my life partner yesterday and the divorce was tragic…
I thought this was my forever, so I kind of banked my whole life in it.
For those who knew me well, knew that I chose not to diversify my earnings.
As if life hasn’t taught me that there is no sure thing.
I followed that movie in my head that said “you do it right, it will be all right”,
I did it right and I lost my life savings.
We were more than just lovers, BF, we were best friends forever.
We can fight like dogs, and then laugh at the dog at the same time.
We weren’t perfect but what relationship is.
I can’t lie it’s like a bulldozer plowed my house up off the ground…
While I was watching TV
I’m reaching for ground, but no ladder is that high to help me down…
And the aftermath is that of a hopeless feeling for love…
I need a blanket and a lot of tissue…lol at this age I thought I would be able to shake it off like Mariah,
I reached for my phone but had no one to call, I felt like a baby,
You beat them, and then they come right back to you.
Where the hell are all my suitors… O yeah I did it right… I would like to be the girl that said never again.
But, I won’t one bad apple won’t ruin the rest for me…
I thought the feeling was mutual and all would be well,
I even planned our wedding day down to the bells,
Well, where do I go from here… I guess I’ll start with the obvious
New hair, new shoes, new attitude….
Lesson learned…Follow your instincts and slow love down to your speed… never listen to their words… but follow their actions.

1 comment:

  1. This post reminds me of my recent break up :( Time heals all wounds but at times like this time goes into slow mode and it feels like forever. Take care Nikki, God is good and if it is meant to be, then it will be.

    ReplyDelete