Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Working Woman




It’s hard being a single mother- business owner. To make it all work sometimes seems impossible, there’s just not enough time in a day. Every so often I feel guilty, not spending every second of the day with my sweetheart, but I know the hard work will benefit us now and later.

I love the business calls when I’m at home with my daughter in my ear screaming mom…mom and my business associate is on the phone speechless… I laugh. What do you expect its 10:00PM on a Tuesday night. I’ve never hid the fact that I have a daughter a young one at that. Depending on how close I am to that business associate I’ll add that she’s demanding and I deliver (laugh out loud)! But there’s one thing all my clients and business associates can say…. I deliver. Bottom line! So here are some tips for the business owner mom’s of today:

  • 1)   Prioritize your schedule
  • 2)   Set work hours (if you work overtime make up for the time lost with your love ones)
  • 3)   Learn how to handle your stress (yoga, hobbies, bubble baths… however) a stressful day at work can lead to a stressful night at home… so leave work at work and home at home.
  • 4)   Mani/Pedi much well you should, its so rewarding to be pampered for a few hours. Getting your hair, nails, and toes professionally done is a great relaxing getaway… with a plus, budget your finances to look your best. It brings out the best you.
  • 5)   Remember your business is very important so give it 100% give your family the other 100% and leave 50% for yourself. After all most business women are super so giving 250% is a walk in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment